Program Goals and Learning Outcomes
- To build students’ knowledge of the structure and function of English
language and its use in various communication situations.
- To enable students to understand the varied translation approaches and
their professional applications in the translation of texts in different
- To develop students’ communication skills, critical thinking and analytical
skills, and research and professional development skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the English language in use and exhibit
awareness of cultural and cross-linguistic variations.
- Outline major approaches to Translation and recognize their application in
different fields of human knowledge and experience.
- Develop translation competence while displaying professional and ethical
- Demonstrate an ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills,
linguistic and communication skills, and research skills.
- Illustrate an ability to work independently and within a team, to
communicate effectively, to use technology to enhance knowledge, and to
engage in life-long learning and professional development.